Tuesday 5th January 2021 (See Tapestry)
Click on the link below and join 'Bud the Busy Bee' in counting the flowers in his garden. Remember what I say (as my Maths teacher, Sister Sheila, taught me) ...
ALL MATHS ARE EASY, ALL MATHS ARE FUN, MATHS IS MY FAVOURITE LESSON!
Listen to the story 'Handa's Surprise' and answer the following questions...
- Do you remember who Handa was going to visit?
- How many fruits did Handa collect?
- Who took the banana from Handa's basket?
- Who took Miss Greene's favourite fruit ... the mango?
- What is your favourite fruit?
- Which aninmal did Handa come across 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc?
- Can you name the animals in sequence?
(zebra, monkey, elephant, parrot, ostrich, giraffe, antelope)
Get your body moving with our 'Move and Freeze' song...
Wednesday 6th January 2021
This morning I have been looking out for shapes around the house. I found loads during breakfast! Can you find some shapes in your house?
- Can you find something that is square shaped? (The bread I put in the toaster was square, then I cut my toast into a triangle shape!)
- Can you find something that is shaped like a rectangle? (My Coco Pops cereal box is the same shape as a rectangle.)
- Can you find something circle shaped? (The top of my cup of tea is a circle shape.)
- Can you find something shaped like a triangle? (My clothes hanger is shaped like a triangle.)
Please take some photos and put them on tapestry so I can see your shapes.
Click on the link below to find out more about 2d shapes.
What are 2D Shapes? 2D shapes have sides and corners, and are completely flat. Watch the video to learn all about 2D shapes, like circles, triangles, squares, rectangles, pentagons, hexagons and octagons!
Click the link below for a short 'Shape and Colour' story. Do you remember Miss Greene's favourite colour?
Shape Story Look at this shape and colour story. Can you make up your own story like this?
Click on the link below and help Toby the dog build a shape house.
Shape House Can you help Toby build his house, using shapes?
Get your body moving to the shape song.
Thursday 7th January 2021
Good Morning Nursery,
It's a lovely day today so hopefully you can get outside, with a grown-up, and have a good run in the fresh air. A healthy body fuels a healthy mind!
I have been out to the park early this morning enjoying a lovely long walk with my dog (photos on Tapestry).
Please log on to Tapestry daily and message me through the comment box ,or give me a 'thumbs up' by clicking 'like', so I know you can see all the learning being provided.
Today we are going to continue our Maths learning with counting activities from 0-5 and then 0-10. Get a grown-up or older sibling to play with you - you only need your hands!
Grown-up - Hide a hand behind your back (with some fingers up, ready to count).
Child - Can you guess how many fingers the grown up is holding up (behind their back)?
Call out a number...
Grown-up - Tell your child if they are right. If incorrect, ask them to try again by saying, "No, there are MORE," or "No, there are LESS."
After 3 guesses show your hand and let the child count each finger (one-to-one correspondence). Do this with two hands to challenge your child.
Click on the link below and join in counting with Numberblocks...
Fancy cooking and making a virtual pizza? Click on the link below...
Listen to one of my favourite stories...
Answer the following questions:
- What does 'selfish' mean?
- Why is the crocodile on his own?
- Why has he no friends?
- The little mouse was very kind. What does 'kind' mean?
- When the selfish crocodile starts being kind and shares the river with the other creatures, how does everyone feel?
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you sad?
Now get your body moving with one of our nursery favourites.
Friday 8th January 2021
Good Morning Nursery,
This morning we are going to finish our week of home learning with 'Walter's Wonderful Web' - a story with a mathematical focus, looking at 2D shapes.
Walter is a SPIDER.
- How many legs does Walter have?
- Show me 8 using your fingers. (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8)
(5 on one hand / 3 on the other hand; 4 on one hand / 4 on the other hand)
- In this story it is windy and there are leaves blowing around.
In which season do we see lots of leaves falling from the trees?
- How many different ways can you show (represent) 8 using your fingers? (See no.2)
- Is it summer, autumn, winter or spring?
- What is your favourite season?
- Why? (Miss Greene likes Spring, where the flowers start to grow, the weather gets warmer and the the days are brighter for longer.)
- Can you find some objects that are the same shapes as Walter's wonderful webs?
- Can you draw these shapes?
Colour the triangle in red - colour the square in blue - colour the circle in green - colour the rectangle in yellow - colour the diamond/rhombus in your favourite colour.
Watch the following link on shapes...
It's Friday - yay! The weekend is here and Miss Greene loves a disco at the weekend!!
Get your bodies active and dance to the following link...
Disco Time Get active and move your body to the disco beat!