Holdbrook Primary school had its last full inspection in February 2018. On Thursday 9 May 2019, Holdbrook School welcomed a monitoring visit from HMI Ofsted Inspector.
Holdbrook has been through significant change since the last full inspection and the inspector was very positive regarding the future plans in order to improve the school.
He highlighted the following strengths:
- You (Miss Angeli) have quickly grasped the key strengths and weaknesses of provision and already know the school well.
- Your (Miss Angeli) assessment of the quality of education is astute and accurate.
- There is strong progress in some areas such as Year one writing.
- As leaders, you have a clear understanding of what needs to be done and are developing plans to achieve this.
- The quality of mathematics provision has been improved.
- You (Miss Angeli) and the team around you have also improved the management systems.
- Governors are reinvigorated and ambitious.
The full report can be read below.