The Holdbrook Primary School & Nursery community will:
The Right to Learn.
The Right to Respect.
The Right to be Safe and Feel Included.
- Demonstrate the Holdbrook Hero values of being:
Hardworking, Organised, Listeners, Determined, Brave, Resilient, Optimistic, Open Hearted, Kind,
Honest, Empathetic, Respectful and be Ourselves.
The School Agreement
The School will:-
- Provide a safe, happy, nurturing environment for all children where they feel valued, respected and listened to.
- Encourage children to develop a love of learning and to do their best at all times leading to high standards of work.
- Provide an appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of all children.
- Provide home learning that will support the child’s development of basic skills and encourage creativity.
- Ensure that our learning environment is well organised, stimulating and challenging.
- Provide opportunities for children to develop positive social relationships, self-esteem and a sense of responsibility.
- Teach children about The 3 Rights and expect children to follow these.
- Instill in children the importance and relevance of the Holdbrook Hero values and teach children how these impact on their everyday lives.
- Celebrate individual children’s achievements on a regular basis.
- Provide appropriate consequences where behaviours conflict with the The 3 Rights or the school’s values.
- Be open and welcoming to everyone and offer opportunities for parents to be involved in the life of the school.
- Report formally on individual children’s progress each term through parents’ evenings and annual reports.
- Provide regular information related to school life.
- Respond sensitively and promptly to any concern or complaint raised by a parent /carer or pupil.
Parent / Carer Agreement
The Parents/Carers will:-
- Ensure that their child attends school throughout each school term, and arrives on time.
- Ensure that their child wears the correct school uniform and has a P.E kit in school.
- Ensure that their child is provided with a healthy packed lunch, following the school guidelines or that a school dinner is ordered and paid for in advance.
- Inform the school if their child is absent by telephone on the first day of absence.
- Make the school aware of any concerns that might affect the child’s work or behaviour as soon as they become apparent.
- Update the school of any changes to parent’s/carer’s emergency contact details.
- Support their child’s home learning, especially encouraging regular home reading.
- Attend parents evenings about their child’s progress and school information evenings.
- Support the school’s expectations in relation to The 3 Rights and the Holdbrook Hero values.
- Celebrate their child’s achievements and rewards.
- Respect all members of the school community.
- Support the school approach to online safety and respect people’s privacy by not uploading any images, video, sounds or text that could upset or offend any member of the school community.
- Ensure that their child’s access to games and devices are appropriate, by being aware of the recommended advice on screen time and access to age appropriate material.
- Collect their child from school on time and inform the school if there are any changes to the home time collection routine.
- Ensure their child gets enough sleep relative to their age.
- Keep up to date with important information by reading newsletters, letters, emails etc.
The pupils will:-
- Follow The 3 Rights and demonstrate Holdbrook Hero values.
- Come to school regularly and on time.
- Wear school uniform and be tidy in appearance.
- Do their best at all times.
- Look after their school and surroundings.
- Tell a member of staff if they are worried or unhappy